MOT time

It was MOT time this week. I changed the driver side ball joints as they had a warning last year, the lower one had noticeable slop.

I didn’t check the handbrake, or the driver side ball joints this year – guess what it failed on… hindsight a wonderful thing.

The rubber on the lower driver side ball joint was perished so failed on that. I replace the whole ball joint as I had spare ones.

The passenger side handbrake had no brake effect, on checking the cable seems to have stretched a bit and there was not enough thread to tighten it up properly, so put a space it and did them up.

Passed just fine with those two little fixes – could have avoided them if I’d spent a bit more time check the car over before the test.

This entry was posted in Maintenance and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply