Harness Holes Be Gone

I made some blanking plates to cover holes no longer needed in the tub.

These are aluminium, painted black then lined with rubber and held on with rivnuts, cup washers and bolts. Was thinking of leaving them shiny but ended up going for the subtle look.

This is the prototype with multiple bends, final two are new fresh ones with each bend only done once.

Final piece cut and bent, test fitting. A bit of blue tape to avoid scratching the paint.

Cleaned and painted

Applied a layer of 1mm rubber to the underside, I did this with double sided tape.

Test fitting

To mount these I added a rivnut to each part, M4 sized.

To attach to the car a hole was added in the new boot lid trim.

That cleanly attached these and closes up the gap nicely.

 

The cup washer and bolt are a bit smaller than those that hold the trim in, and they’re also a bit closer to the edge. However the style matches.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *