I can’t believe its been a year and 2300 miles already!
It’s been little turbulent in that time:
- Shortly after SVA pass we lost a wing stay (oops)
- During December a complete disaster with the lower wishbone.
- While off the road we completely rebuild the engine enlarging the capacity to 2.8ltrs.
- In March we finally got the new and improved parts to put the car back on the road, decided to get light weight Carbon fibre wings to avoid issues with the (albeit stronger wing stays).
- From then on it was a pretty uneventful summer with regards to mechanical issues.
- We visited a number of kit car and other cars shows which was great to finally have the car there rather than just looking at everyone else’s!
- Recently it pass its first MOT with one issue to sort out (handbrake cable loose), no problems with emissions on the rebuilt engine which was great.
The car is fun to drive now that it’s had most of its teething issues sorted out (still one or two such as the clutch and pedal box assembly need strengthening)
To come in 2009 a paint job (I know I keep saying it but I mean it this time)