- Donor Car Stripping
- Restoration of Parts
- Hard at Work
- Factory Visit
- New Parts
- Rolling Chassis Build
- Left over bits
- Tuning Bits and Bobs
- Bodywork fitting
- Example Colours
- Kit Car Shows
- Other Marlins
- Other Pictures
- Madabout Sportsters
- Pre SVA Pictures
- SVA Day
- Trips Out
- M20B28 Engine Build
- Exhaust Valve
- ITB Project
- Final Assembly
- Car Painted Pictures
- Mustangs at Brooklands
Random Gallery Images
Subscribe via Email
Did a little bit of work on the car today, made some carbon fibre scuttle covers. They still need sticking down with the some tape, but they look nice:
It was a bit soggy Sunday morning as it hammered it down on the way to Brooklands. At one point on the M25 I had too look out the side of the car to see where the lanes where! The wipers work fine, on the outside of the car. Masses of spray meant the inside of the screen was wetter than the outside.
On arrival at Brooklands is lighted up and we had a bit of time to dry out before leaving before following the route book to Brighton which was then nice and sunny.
On minor issue with car is that we ended up with a fish bowl in each door – some drain holes required!
Here are some photos:
The Sportster lined up next to two other Marlin’s at the Bently Meusum
Parked up in Brighton
Peter arriving a short while after us
A very rare sight to see!
A very nice day out and a good chance to catch up with the other Sportster builders on the MOC (Marlin Owners Club) stand. After a trip round the stands and other cars we came back to find a cup and a trophy on the driver seat "Best Sportster 2009" – well happy with that, thank you to the MOC member who voted 🙂
It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got the Sportster painted and reassembled and here’s the result:
Demister vent tubing made out of some drain pipe
Scuttle vents, these are from a mini with some stainless mesh added.
Plastic tubed sprayed black and glued to scuttle. Some black rubber acts as a connector to the pipe that came with the heater
a view of the rubber connection on the heater vents
Centre console covered with heater vent built in to direct the warm air at your feet.
Scuttle on with heater pipes attached
Vent pipes attached to scuttle
Bracket to attach screen wash bottle
Screenwash bottle holder
Screen wash tube going through the firewall
Screen wash bottle and motor installed.
12V accessory socket for the GPS
Bodywork coming together
Sorting out the wiring under the scuttle
Sorting out the wiring under the scuttle
Wiper motor and connections.
I was hoping that the car would get finished today, but as always there were more and more little things to do!
The centre console now has bracketing to hold it securely in place, the tub is secured and positioned right for the doors. The doors with re-enforcement brackets are on but not adjusted yet. The demister vent connections are nearly done. I tried setting up the amp with the scope but either them is chucking out some funny signals or the scope is on the blink. Headunit has clean output to setting 60 of 62. Higher than 60 and you get a tiny bit of distortion creep in.
Once the demister vents are sort the scuttle can go on and the doors adjusted. After that it’s just bonnet side panels and head lights.
The centre console coming together, this will also act as a duct for heater down to your feet. There’s also a 12V supply in the side of it for the all important sat nav (or I’d get very lost all the time):
Here is is from a higher vantage point:
The 77MP’s styling fits the car quite well:
All the wiring needs a final tidy up after settings are finalised.
Door hinge bracket, one of four. The metal the door is bolted to is far to thin, it flexes all over the place. Hopefully these will add enough structure to fix this.
Exhausts bolted up, bumpers fixed in place, rear lights in place and working. Just needs the other wing and a number plate.
Mk 2 fuse holder bracket
This bracket also holds the wiper motor. The clamp has been moved up a bit to reduce flexing.
The centre console is taking shape with a small recess to keep your glasses.
Managed to find some room to fit a speaker above the steering column.
There’s some sides and top to try and keep the front and back separated as much as possible.
Once the dash is in you can’t see it any more.